Monday, December 29, 2014

Village Cafe Restaurant and Bar - Airlie Beach - 5 out of 10

On this morning - still while on holidays - I thought I'd try another cafe, this time actually in the Main Street of Airlie Beach, but sadly, I seem to have lucked out with this place.



I ordered my Eggs Benedict with bacon and a side of mushrooms, but as you can see, mushrooms was translated by the English-as-a-second-language waitress as side of hash brown. Damn.


Tucking into the benny was the next issue with the hollandaise sauce extremely salty. Way too salty for me to enjoy.

It was so disappointing.


On the plus side, the eggs were cooked evenly and both runny.

But the Benny was just way too salty. And there were no muschies.

Atmosphere on the deck where sat was nice and service was quite fast.

There are many other cafes along the main street of Airlie Beach - hopefully we can visit one of these soon!

Overall 5-out-of-10.

No comments:

Post a Comment