Saturday, July 19, 2014

Le Porte Rosse - Emerald - 8 out of 10

I’m travelling ‘down the road’ to Emerald of this Eggs Benedict – with bacon and a side of mushrooms – to an award winning Italian restaurant that also does a nice breakfast service – La Porte Rosse.



I've had an Eggs Benny here before and was impressed particularly with the massive and tasty field mushrooms – on this occasion however, I lucked with the mushies but a tangy hollandaise sauce made up for that!

This is possibly the best tasting eggs benny I've had thus far!

My wife ordered a breakfast with a tangy hollandaise sauce and it looks like this sauce with loaded up into my plate too.  It was delicious!


Disappointingly, the eggs were hard and, as the photo show, there was a lot of fat and grease left over on the plate which I didn’t think looked real nice.  Also the benny is served on a toasted muffin rather than (say) Turkish bread.

Overall, this was a damn good benny served and in a nice atmosphere. It was let down though by the hard eggs and amount of fat left on the plate.  8 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment